Long time since I wrote. Not that there’s nothing to write about, I just don’t take the time to sit down and think about what to write. Were I writing in Dutch I wouldn’t have to think, but then half of my friends couldn’t read it, so I decided to continue in English.
This weekend we went camping, for only one night. You should know we only go camping when the weather forecast is 100% sure it will not rain. We went to Krivoklat, an hour’s drive, there’s a huge castle there. Very impressive, there was a festival as well and you could very much imagine how it was in the old days when a lot of people were living there with a market etc in the courtyard. We took a tour, couldn’t understand one word of it, but you were not allowed to go by yourself.
http://www.guidingprague.com/tour_menu/other_tours_CR/Krivoklat
The camping was basic, very very very basic. It reminded us very much of campings in the Netherlands in 1975. The bathrooms were at least that old. And there was one (1) shower for the whole camping. Not surprisingly I did see only one person walking with a towel, the others (including us) just didn’t shower. There was no hot water. The caravans and some of the tents were as well from the seventies. It was just like a flashback in time. The camping chairs were nothing like the luxurious ones you see now a days. And we were about the only ones who brought a cooker set. Everybody else made a fire and poked some sausages on a branch, held it over the fire. Or went to the “restaurant” (the only thing you could get there was sausages as well). Just a bunch of long tables and benches (no chairs). There was a band playing the whole night, so the whole atmosphere was a happy one.
In the afternoon the boys went swimming in the river. Maybe that’s what made them sick, early Sunday morning Nils was the first to throw up. Soon the two others followed and didn’t stop for the whole day. We packed the tent around noon and headed home where we spent the whole afternoon taking care of them and washing sheets and towels. Hope they feel better after a good night’s sleep…