Achtergrond

Tuesday, 21 July 2009

infection in my jaw

Half June I got an inflammation in my jaw. The pus couldn’t go anywhere, so it ate a way through the bone so it could drain. That’s called a fistula, and that didn’t hurt at all. But I knew you can not neglect it, the inflammation is there for a reason. So after a week I finally had the guts to go to the dentist, and he started me on antibiotics right away. After a couple days he did a root canal treatment, and put in a temporary filling. Usually that does the trick. Only this time the inflammation wasn’t gone, and after two weeks he flushed the canals again and put in some more antibiotics and calcium. Unfortunately the inflammation kept spreading, and he had to perform surgery to get the molar out. That was last Thursday, and I had a lot of pain. He put in some stitches that I took out yesterday because they were coming loose and were bothering me big time. This Thursday I have to come back (to take out the stitches…) and I hope he has good news for me. Right now half of my face is hurting (eye, nose, cheek) while I’m still on painkillers.