Achtergrond

Tuesday, 19 April 2011

Easter egg hunt 2

Our kids love to do an easter egg hunt. Around January they start to ask if they can have an easter egg hunt, and I have a hard time to convince them they have to wait till at least the first of April. This year I was able to put it off till the second week of April, but ever since we have had an easter egg hunt every day. I fill the plastic eggs with sweets and hide them. Sometimes in the garden, sometimes downstairs, sometimes upstairs. I have colour coded the eggs, so they all have to find one blue one, one pink one, one orange one and so on. If they find a second blue one they have to leave it there for their brothers. After 5 minutes they decide it is “helping time” and they give each other clues where they have seen other eggs. Usually I have to help with the last two or three.  When they have found all of them, they head to the kitchen table to open them up (check if they really all have the same amount of sweets) and eat their snack. I can’t believe they get so excited every day again. This will continue the whole month of May as well, although in the end I can skip some days without too much protest.