As most of you know, I took a photography class of 8 lessons. The first lessons were more about the technical aspects of the camera. Nothing new for me there, over time I've done more photo courses. But this time we got assignments, and had to bring the results to class the next week. So I was forced to bring the knowledge I had into practice. That's when comes out that sometimes the knowledge is in your head but not in your hands. So it was good to practice, and ask questions why a pic didn't turn out how you expected it etc. Later we got topics, and we had to shoot around that topic. We also went one night outside to learn some tricks about shooting in the dark. Another night there was a model, the teacher brought real studio lights and we had to do a model shoot. In the end we got the subject "silence" and we had to prepare for the exhibition. I had a lot of ideas, most of them not too practical. So in the end I chose to take pics of my friend Ximena. Elizabeth was there as well to give some advice. Later on I had a big fight with the guy at the printing company, he didn't want to print it as I wanted it. Luckily Mirjam was able to photoshop 4 pics, and Romke spent a lot of time a) listening to my complaints b) helping me out!
The whole class (10 students) displayed their photos in the lobby and bar of a hotel, and last Wednesday we had the official opening of our exhibition. Lots of people made the effort to come, I felt very special (even got 2 bunches of flowers, which is not special in the Netherlands, but here it is)
So thanks everyone for showing interest, helping me, encouraging me, giving me ideas, listening to me, and coming to the exhibition.
Here's the result.