Today was a bank holiday, so I had the boys at home. We had a very pleasant day. Started with a nice breakfast all together, even Romke was there. Later he left for Cairo, and we did Dutch school, worked in the garden and went to a playground with my good friend Laura. Her daughter is in the same class as Lars, and she has a boy half a year younger than Nils. The weather was gorgeous again. It’s supposed to be the last nice day of the year. Tomorrow will be the first day I’ll dress the boys in trousers and not in shorts any more… I always try to postpone that, because the moment you switch them to trousers they start crawling around on their knees again, so they go very quickly through their trousers. And here it’s so difficult to find dark blue trousers (school uniform requires blue trousers). I have to remind myself to give them a jacket as well. Ah well, if it’s raining tomorrow there’s little chance I forget that.
Yesterday we had my good friend Elizabeth over for dinner. Her girl is almost a year older than Nils, and is in his class. Her boy is about half a year younger than Nils. We did “gourmetten”, the Dutch will know what I mean. It was their first time, and they liked it. After half an hour the kids were done, started running around the house till it was dark, played very nicely together so we could finish all the meat and the wine. Very relaxed.