Achtergrond

Tuesday, 28 April 2009

moving

So everybody is waiting for stories about Egypt. Well, wait a little longer because I haven’t seen the pictures from Egypt myself yet. One reason is that the weather has been absolutely lovely last week, couldn’t be better. So I didn’t want to go inside to sit behind the compu screen. (Our laptop more or less died and the wireless connection outside is very weak). And we have guests, very good friends with their two daughters from the Netherlands. The other reason was I simply couldn’t concentrate to sit down and go over the pics. We were waiting to hear from ExxonMobil wether we were moving, when and where. We were told more or less (the ExxonMobil way for people who are familiar with it) that we would move in July/August. It’s already end of April, and you need to do the applications for schools. Lot’s of (good) schools have waiting lists, you don’t want to end up with 3 boys at 3 different schools because there’s no space available… Lot’s of things going on, too much to talk about on this blog. The ever moving expats will understand, other people can just not imagine.
Anyway, to make a long story short, Romke is just told we will stay here, at least till Christmas. So… We have to get used to the idea, it gives peace of mind to finally know, looking forward to a nice hot summer here, but we were prepared to leave so it feels a bit weird to stay. Conflicting feelings. I just called a couple of friends from school and church to tell them and they all responded very positive, I guess they are happy to have us around for a longer period of time. You know, just give me 2 days and I’m perfectly fine with it. In fact I’m now as well, but need some time to process. Doesn’t help Romke isn’t home so we can’t discuss it together and we have guests so I’m sort of busy (in a pleasant way) all the time.
Oke, I’ll stop for now, you get the idea, or at least a little bit. Have to tell the boys they will have another birthday in the same house (Olav’s statement is that he celebrates every birthday in a different house)

And oh, Romke has not checked this story, so it’s my very own funky English!