It took 3 days to
pack everything. The house was a mess, floors dirty and us trying to live there
between all the boxes… Loading took only 3 hours, but they came with a big crew
of 7 men today. I’m glad it is over, and tonight I will spend my evening
mopping floors. The movers placed back most of the furniture we had stored in
the one bedroom (see post 28 sept 2010). Oh my, I forgot we had 5 sofa’s, 10
dining chairs, 5 big armchairs and about a million side tables. Some items I
just left in the “storage bedroom”, the house is full enough as it is now.
All our worldly
possessions are now in that container, hope it has a safe trip to the US!
The boys were
pretty relaxed about all the packing. Of course the Wii is still connected,
that’s always a welcome distraction. But all in all they took it really well. I’m
sure in the next weeks they will start missing their bikes, green machines and
all other toys. They can’t wait till tomorrow, they asked for some empty boxes
so they can make a train, a house and all other things you can do with empty
boxes and are very excited about that.