Achtergrond

Sunday, 31 October 2010

outdoor plants

Last week I went with my good friend Donna on a plant hunt. We both wanted to try to put something flowery in pots at our front door, and another friend who lives here for some time took us to a very big nursery somewhere far outside of Doha. It was a great place, indoor and outdoor plants, and perennials. There were a couple of big green houses, but you wouldn’t have found it on your own. I bought lovely pink ??? No idea what they are called, but I had two red ones in our frond yard and they survive, so I figured it must be strong type of plant. Well, I certainly hope so. Have you ever planted something in a sandbox? I did. To mask it, I bought some potting soil at Carrefour (Dutch potting soil as it was) and put it on top of the sand to make it look nice. And I hope the nutrition will with the watering find its way to the roots. I quickly took a picture, because I don’t know if they will still be alive next week…