Achtergrond

Wednesday, 12 May 2010

The netherlands

This weekend I took a trip to The Netherlands. Actually it was 4 days, I left on Thursday early morning, and came home Sunday night. Thursday morning I spent with one of my best friends Susan, who I know since I was 12. She is pregnant for the first time, so we had a lot to talk about. Then I took the train from Haarlem (Heemstede) to Zoetermeer (close to The Hague) where my sister Judith lives. I felt like a tourist, because I started taking pictures with my iPhone as soon as I saw the tulip fields! I was laughing out loud at myself (train was almost empty). It is already late in the season, so there were not many tulips left.

Friday I spent the full day shopping with my niece Leonie, we make a very effective team and have seen probably every clothes store in Rotterdam centre. We only sat down for a quick bite, and came back home with a lot of bags. Good thing I brought my big suitcase for this trip.

Saturday morning I borrowed my sisters car and went to see Kors and Mireille with their kids, and in the afternoon I had my eyes checked by my good friend and old colleague Christien. Turning 40, starting to notice some reading problems… My brother in law made a beautiful salmon, smoked on cedar wood plates on the bbq, very tasty. My parents came over for dinner, and my nephew Joel was joining us as well.

Sunday was just very lazy and relaxed.

When I came home, I found the house relatively clean and neat. Thank you Romke! Romke went to Playmobil land with the boys on Saturday, they had a great time as well.